Subject: NetBSD/i386 Dec 7 1998 snapshot
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/10/1998 06:20:48
Hi,

I have now rolled out another snapshot of NetBSD-current.  For
i386 users I guess the major improvements over the last snapshot
would be

 o global.c fix to egcs, having to do with register allocation.
   This should fix the problems with the 'we' ethernet driver.

The snapshot can be found in

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snap-19981207/NetBSD-1.3I/i386/

The sources this snapshot was built from is available in

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snap-19981207/NetBSD-1.3I/source/

This hasn't received as much testing as I would have like to do,
but at least the build host has been running this kernel code
while the build progressed without problems.

As always, please report any bugs found.

Note that the boot-small.fs floppy image is not part of this
snapshot, as the size overflowed if the boot code should fit on
the floppy.  I hope this isn't a serious show-stopper for folks.
Longer-term we'll go to a multi-diskette format which ought to
remove this problem, "but not today".

Regards,

- H=E5vard