Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD 1.3.2
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: B. Bogart <bbogart@iname.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/1998 00:33:21
On 07-Dec-98, David Brownlee wrote:
> See:
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/i386/faq.html#nt_boot

> We don't have the most complete set of documentation on the
> webpages, but it would be great if people would check there
> first, and possibly even make suggestions for additions :)

> David/absolute

Hello,
I have windows 95, not NT. I have looked through the docs on
the netbsd wed site but they are not helping me. I have OSBS
installed and it is "working" but my netbsd button does not do
anything, the screen just goes black with a flashing cursor. So
either netbsd is crashed before the kernel gets loaded into mem,
or osbs is not booting the right partition. In my list of partitions
in osbs there are 4 entiries:

#   HD   ID   System
0   0    06   DOS FAT16 'big' (> 32MB) fs or nfs
1   0    0F   unknown
2   0    00   unused
3   0    00   unused

When i use #1 as the netbsd partition is when the system freezes.
I have over 10 partitions over 2 harddrives, I don't see how this
partition list coresponds to my system, if #1 is not the netbsd
partition then why is it not there?

Thanks for your time.

Ben