Subject: Re: Performance trouble with PCI IDE DMA improvements.
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: None <andresk@ibm.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/08/1998 22:45:28
On 08-Dec-98 Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Dec 7, andresk@ibm.net wrote
>> [..]
>> wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4
>
> And here PIO. Well, it a bug I fixed a few days later in -current, along with
> a few other ones. In one word, the SiS support worked fine but only
> with only one drive on the primary master (nothing on the secondary channel)
> and if the drive is not Ultra-DMA.
>
> Well, I'll re-sync these patches with -current soon (maybe today).

Hi,

Thanks, I will be ready to test when they are ready.

BTW I was really impressed with performance of the DMA drivers when I first
used them. It is like you said when you first announced the code; makes IDE
drives usable... :-)

Andre' B. Skarzynski  E-Mail: andresk@ibm.net

9 Pongola Street      Tel:    +27 21 998913
Groenvallei
Bellville 7530        Mobile: +27 82 570 4872
South Africa