Subject: CD-R drives, IDE or SCSI
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/07/1998 20:49:47
Hi,

I am running NetBSD 1.3 on a home-built system (Asus TX97-XE Motherboard
and P200MMX CPU). I am strongly considering purchasing a CD-R drive, but I
would like to know whether it is better to get an IDe or SCSI drive. I
would like to hear about the experiences of others. I can pull out my IDE
CD-ROM which I rarely use and pop in a CD-R drive in its place. I have an
Adaptec AHA-2940UW SCSI card which seems to be recognized by NetBSD, so I
could use that if I get a SCSI CD-R drive. Any advice given would be
greatly appreciated.

TIA,

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!