Subject: ex0: unable to wake up from power state D3
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/07/1998 20:13:16
Hi,

I'm trying to get -current running on a HP Kayak XA/s machine with a
3com 3c509B card in it.

At boot time I get the following messages:

ex0: pci0 dev 17 function 0: 3Com 3c509B-TX Ethernet
ex0: unable to wake up from power state D3

I get this from both the GENERIC kernel from the Nov. 17 snapshot and
from a newly configured kernel from sources sup'd a couple of days
ago, both from warm and cold boots.

The card and link should be OK as NT managed to use it.

Pointers and suggestions welcome.  As far as I know all APM stuff is
turned off in the BIOS, which appears to be by Phoenix.

I haven't tried turning off plug'n'play in the BIOS yet but that's
what I'll try next, if no suggestions are forthcoming. :-)

Regards,

Giles