Subject: RE: How to make new boot floppy
To: None <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/03/1998 09:48:21
On 03-Dec-98 Charlie ROOT spoke unto us all:
#  I'm guessing that I also have to somehow get my new customized INSTALL
#  kernel stuffed into the boot.fs image on the install floppy.  But I have
#  no idea how to do that.  I'm guessing it has something to do with using
#  mdconfig or mdsetimage (or maybe both), but the man pages on these are
#  pretty spartan.
#
#  Any help at all will be appreciated - I really don't want to have to
#  spend hours (or even days) reinstalling Win98 on this PC, just to go and
#  wipe it out with NetBSD.  :)

Ahh.. its quite simple actually,

cd /usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies
make

this procedure assumes that you have a kernel sitting in
sys/arch/i386/compile/INSTALL/

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org