Subject: Re: How to make new boot floppy
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/03/1998 02:23:26
Did that.  Unfortunately, when I boot up the resulting floppy, it gives
me a "bad dir ino 2" panic, right after saying that it is a ffs file
system.

Oh, well.  Maybe I'll just split the distribution files onto a ton of
floppies!  :)

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Frank van der Linden wrote:

> The INSTALL kernel comes with a ramdisk inside. You have recompiled the
> install kernel, but not filled in the ramdisk with any information. To
> do this, go to /usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies, and do 'make'. You'll
> find a file called boot.fs in the bootfloppy/ subdirectory. dd this image
> onto a floppy and you have a new bootfloppy.

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |