Subject: Re: Merging Net/Free/Open-BSD together against Linux
To: Jordan K. Hubbard <r.evans@ic.ac.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/1998 10:24:53
[MOVED FROM port-1386 TO netbsd-advocacy; PLEASE HONOR CC: FIELD.  port-i386
is in Bcc: to make sure users see this message of the thread.]

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

: Hmmmm.  I don't recall you stopping by and talking to us FreeBSD folks
: at our booth just outside the Linux pavilion (a rather strategic
: location as it turns out, just as an FYI to any NetBSD folks
: contemplating a presence next year), but if you had we could have
: certainly presented you with a somewhat brighter picture for BSD than
: the one you evidently have.

Very nice.  Read on, as I have something on this point at bottom.

: I do not know what NetBSD's growth figures for the last year look
: like,

Probably not as astonishing as FreeBSD, but certainly much higher than in
NetBSD's years past.  Just the addition of the NetBSD-supported X and pkgsrc
distributions made for a large bit of added popularity.