Subject: Re: Merging Net/Free/Open-BSD together against Linux
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Evans <r.evans@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/1998 12:33:32
Apologies for following up to myself...

> The best we can hope for is friendly cooperation, and I think to a
> large extent NetBSD and FreeBSD have achieved that over the last couple
> of years with people like John Dyson (I only mention him as the first
> name off the top of my head) making valuable contributions to
> discussions on the NetBSD lists.

It has been pointed out to me that John Dyson may noy have been the
best example to use (perhaps my memory is getting faulty).

However, I still think the point that trying to merge the flavours of
BSD is more likely to result in extra spin-offs (and more political
discussions) rather than fewer is valid...

Rob