Subject: Re: Merging Net/Free/Open-BSD together against Linux
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Evans <r.evans@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/1998 12:13:32
Not wanting to prolong this discussion on an inappropriate forum (but
proceeding to do so anyway).  You should remember that the BSD license
almost encourages these sorts of fork in the codebase, and even if the
BSDs were to unify, it is unlikely to be long before a disagreement of
one sort or the other would lead to another fork.

The best we can hope for is friendly cooperation, and I think to a
large extent NetBSD and FreeBSD have achieved that over the last couple
of years with people like John Dyson (I only mention him as the first
name off the top of my head) making valuable contributions to
discussions on the NetBSD lists.

Monopolies are what we are trying to to rally against!

All Hail Discordia!  :-)

Rob