Subject: Trouble with komlMime.cc in Koffice snapshot of 19981031
To: None <kde@lists.netcentral.net, kde-user@lists.netcentral.net,>
From: Scott Presnell <srp@zgi.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/14/1998 14:53:18
Hi Folks,
	I've gotten all the tools together to build a KDE Koffice from a snapshot,
but I'm having trouble with atleast one file: as dumps with signal 11 on
lib/koml/komlMime.cc

	My environemnt is:
	NetBSD 1.3.1
	egcs-1.1b
	as: GNU assembler version 1.92.3, NetBSD $Revision: 1.3 $
	ld: unknown (native to NetBSD 1.3.1).
	corba snapshot of 10/31
	qt-1.41
	mico 2.2.1
	python 1.5.1

I've tried pulling more recent versions of binutils (e.g. 2.9.1) installing
and using those for as and ld but they give me more problems (something from
as about non relocatable something).

The biggest clue I have is that as chokes because the build requests -fPIC and
-DPIC, without those options the compile and assemby are successful (the above
translates into the -k and -K flags to as).

Has anyone successfully built koffice from source recently under NetBSD?
Any help would be appreciated...

	Thanks.

	- Scott Presnell (srp@zgi.com)