Subject: Re: How to make a bootable i386 installation CD
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/12/1998 17:12:25
On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

: >  This is how I burnt the Gateway! Vol. 3 CD-ROM; user echo has been postive.
: > Next issue of the CD-ROM will probably use Joliet, as it supports long
: > filenames for Windows and still works fine for standard ISO 9660.
:
: Hmm, I've burnt a CD in Joliet format using Adaptec EasyCD and the
: result was that all names > 8.3 of length were truncated.

Adaptec EasyCD is brain dead.  ;)

You can use both Joliet and RR (in fact, you can even have Mac HFS too) and
they will happily coexist on the same CD, as long as your CD generation tool
supports it.