Subject: WD/SMC Ethernet
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/12/1998 01:00:58
I'm trying to get the install flop to recognize my SMC card so it can
install via ftp.  I've configured the card via EZStart to be at irq 10,
port 0x300 and iomem map at 0xcc00, but it will not recognize the card.
Doesn't show up during dmesg.  I have several cards running in other
netbsd boxes but I've never gotten this to work from the install flop.
Usually I have to compile another kernel from an existing system and dump
it over to the new one.

For example, a system that has an SMC card in there has this in it's
kernel config and it's working:

we0     at isa? port 0x280 iomem 0xd0000 irq 9  # WD/SMC Ethernet
#we1    at isa? port 0x300 iomem 0xcc000 irq 10
we1     at isa? port 0x300 iomem 0xd4000 irq 7

But this time I really would like to get install flop to work with the
SMC with the default as said from the install doc:

we1    at isa? port 0x300 iomem 0xcc000 irq 10

One thing that I noticed when runing EZStart was that there is no place to
choose iomem 0xcc000, but there is a setting for io ram map and I can
choose only 0xcc00 (note there is NOT another 0).

Oh, this card doesn't have any jumpers on it and it does have an option to
select Plug-n-Play from EZstart.

Thomas T. Thai          Infomedia Interactive Communications
tom@iic.net             TEL 612.376.9090 * FAX 612.376.9087