Subject: Re: putting a NetBSD disklabel on an IDE partition other than the
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Robert V. Baron <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/07/1998 15:11:52
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> [MBR compatibility warning]
>
> >Right, but, say, what _disk_ is it warning about?
> >
> >(yeah, i know, it's hard to provide that information, but without that
> >information the message is _really_ annoying.)

As an epilog.  This warning feature might have been broken in earlier
-currents (say from early september)  I have a 165 as DOS#2 and a 169
as DOS#3 and always get flamed by the warning.  Makes me think that
I'm about to overwrite my FreeBSD partition.  Obviously, the current
disklabel.c doesn't work issue the warning if there is any 169
partition.