Subject: Re: Keyboard freeze.
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: 11/05/1998 18:28:43
In message <3641D212.18AEFD9@intellistor.com>
Kanghoon Lee <klee@Intellistor.COM> wrote:
> I have also installed NetBSD on my machine at home, and now I have 3
> NetBSD machine :-). I, however, am experiencing keyboard freeze on my
> home system. It occurs randomly. Here is what happened. I had 2
> windows open, and on one window, I issued cp command to copy many files=
> from one disk to another. While copying, I moved over to another window=
> and typed in vi command to edit another file. X seems to eat up some o=
> the characters from keyboard entry, and then after a while it locks up.=
> Did anybody have similar experience? From then on, I have frequent
I've had some similar problems a few weeks (months?) ago, but they're
completly gone now.
(I'm tracking current and update my kernel&world quite often)
Here are a few things, some folks on this list may be interested in:
* Which version of NetBSD do you run?
* Which X-server/X-release?
* How's your mouse connected? (PS2?)
* Can you login remotely and kill -HUP your X-server/xdm?
* Do you have those problems only with X?
* Have you tried dis- and reconnecting your keyboard?
(Don't know if this is a good idea...)
* Do you use wscons or pcvt?
* Any special kernel-options?
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zur=FCck. Danke!=20