Subject: PCMCIA CIS irqmask being ignored?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/01/1998 22:36:27
Folks:
	I've got a problem with my newly-purchased PCMCIA modem and the NetBSD
	PCMCIA code.  The short of the problem is that the irqmask of the chosen
	CIS entry seems to be ignored by the IRQ picking code (or to be more
	accurate by the ISA PCIC IRQ allocating code).

	My modem has an irqmask of 0x86bc for all the CIS entries, but the
	code kept assigning it IRQ 11 until I hacked at the PCIC IRQ mask (note
	that IRQ 11 seems an otherwise OK choice on this machine, and I believe
	that the 3Com ethernet card I had borrowed for a few days used it OK).

	So, I think I know how to fix it, but I have several questions.

	(1) I assume the IRQMASK in the CIS is the same format as the PCIC_
	    ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK, namely a bit field with a 1 in bit N if IRQ
	    N is a valid choice for this card??  If not, what is the format
	    of this mask?

	(2) Why wasn't the card's IRQMASK being used?  Was this just overlooked,
	    or are there actually cards that present bogus masks (or don't have
	    IRQMASKS) and hence this was decided to be ignored??

	If the answer to (1) is "yes", and the answer to (2) is "we forgot",
	I'll sned-pr a patch to i82365_isasubr.c that got my modem the right
	IRQs under separate cover.

THanks!
--rafal

----