Subject: Intel EtherExpress Pro 100+
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <rvb+@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/29/1998 22:18:09
According to Intel's site the Pro 100B (PILA8465B) is being replaced
by the Pro 100+ (PILA8460).  The 100B I have has 82557 stamped on the
"big" chip, while the 100+ is pretty hard to read, but the specs say
it is a 82558.  I think we maye have discussed these details before.

My question is what do I need to do to make the fxp0 driver work with
the 100+.  fxp0 driver seems to identify the card, find the wire address
and choose an irq, but I get nothing happens.  Put a 100B in the same
slot and it works fine.

I didn't see many changes to if_fxp.c recently.  The kernel I'm running
is from 10/10.  There was a change on 10/29 but that seems unrelated.