Subject: Re: Linux netscape 4.5 (release) and really big pages -> -current lockup
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/29/1998 10:23:54
smd@ebone.net (Sean Doran) writes:
> 	http://bladeenc.home.ml.org/
> 		-- click on Download
> 		   -- click *middle* button on the BladeEnc072-i386-linux.tar.gz
> 		      button
> 	http://www.lightning.net/~snash/
> 		-- click on "Digital Photo Gallery"

BTW. thanks for the pointer to the mp3 encoder.

Both links work with a 256Meg dram, 600Meg swap machine running
current (NetBSD 1.3H (WSRCC) #0: Fri Oct 23 17:52:50 PDT 1998) Perhaps
the version of netscape also enters into it.  I'm running 4.5-US
eg. the version w. full strength crypto.

About a month ago I had seen random lockups, and also figured it was
related to large VM demands, so I lowered the limit on apache's max
server count.  I no longer get the lockups.  Of course the kernel has
been updated any number of times too.  Nothing like varying two
quantities in an experiment.

-wolfgang
--
Cut down on spam.   Install ORBS support:    http://www.dorkslayers.com/orbs/