Subject: Re: AW: T3/T1 cards - interest
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ronald Khoo <ronald@demon.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/28/1998 02:15:33
> I don't remember there being a driver -- must have been added slightly
> after I was looking at sync cards way back when....  (I would have found

There was never a contributed driver.  The one we shipped to
customers was not adequately cleaned up to be submittable
(amongst other things I believe it would not coexist with async
ppp in the same kernel since it used a hacked if_ppp.c)

It had been my intention to clean it up and then ask the boss
to submit it, but then I left the company and that project
sort of fell by the wayside.

It didn't take very much to make the in-tree async ppp of
netbsd 1.0 talk sync ppp to a cisco at t1 speeds using
this card, from what I recall.  The main difference
between this kind of product and dennis@etinc's product
is where the smarts are.  The smarts for the CPM card are
pretty much already all there in netbsd -- ppp kernel and
userland modules being most of the work.  In other words
this one really is just a pure hardware product.

maybe i should find some time to clean up the driver
and ask cpm to donate it (what do you think, yhl ?)