Subject: Re: T3/T1 cards - interest
To: None <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
From: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/28/1998 08:16:38
Stefan Grefen wrote:
> In message <199810271146.LAA09488@etinc.com>  Dennis wrote:
> > At 08:13 PM 10/26/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> > No, but you are demonstrating your lack of understanding, as are most
> > of the other people in this camp. Any company that tries to make every sale
> > to every potential customer regardless of their requirements doesnt have
> > a marketing plan worth implementing. If you can do without frame relay,
> > bandwidth management, dont need higher density or load balancing or
> > a more powerful user interface, then you aren't a candidate to use our
> > product. We move on to the next customer.
>
> Oouch, as we don't sell NetBSD and as a group don't buy a thing this
> threat is hollow ...
> On the other hand, try running FreeBSD on an Alpha ...

Yes, try that. There's a daily snapshot available from:

ftp://mirrors.rcn.com/pub/FreeBSD/alpha

And with the change from lkm to kld in FreeBSD, Dennis will be able to ship
a binary driver which can be loaded at boot time without GNU tools.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137