Subject: Re: T3/T1 cards - interest
To: Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/27/1998 20:39:32
On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 12:48:02PM -0500, Dennis wrote:

> But they can, because they can use FreeBSD, which fits your
> description, at least in the i386 world which is all that matters to us.

What are the reasons that only i386 matters to you?

I feel many people choose NetBSD on i386 to give them the
flexibility of changing the hardware layer out for a higher
performance system without loosing everything else. People
who are willing to lock themselves into i386s may be just
fine with your cards, but I know the machine-dependence
of the card would lower it in my favour. Not eliminate it
perhaps, but lower it. (for me)

> Clearly your words indicate that you are not interested in having a widely
> popular OS, which certainly is a major criteria for a vendor.

See my previous message regarding "clearly" and "you".

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,