Subject: Re: T3/T1 cards - interest
To: Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@panix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/27/1998 19:29:52
On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 02:53:56PM -0500, Dennis wrote:
> At 02:35 PM 10/27/98 -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> >>
> >> Clearly your words indicate that you are not interested in having a widely
> >> popular OS, which certainly is a major criteria for a vendor.
> >
> >Now, that's kind of obnoxious.  I mean, "clearly your words indicate that you
> >are not interested in having widely popluar hardware, which certainly is a
> >major criterion for an operating system project trying to come to an
> >understanding of some type with you, a hardware vendor."
>
> his words were "if you dont buy into our philosophy we dont want you", which
> seems pretty clear to me. We are not *just* a hardware vendor, so that
> is accurate. Selling hardware at almost no profit is only profitable if you
> are selling many thousands of units a month (ie adaptec, intel, dec, etc)
> which we will not be doing nor do we want to do.

I can't remember who the "he" for "his words" was (Greg Woods?) but he does
*not* speak for the NetBSD Project.

NetBSD is a project with a well-defined organization, goals, and management.
If you want "our" philosophy, ask "our" management -- core@netbsd.org.
Nobody else speaks for the NetBSD Project or The NetBSD Foundation.  I don't
think it's fair to assume that the project or NetBSD users in general don't
want your product on the basis of an argument you've had with one particular
user.

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"