Subject: Re: T3/T1 cards - interest
To: Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/27/1998 11:26:18
> Even if we did supply source, you wouldnt pay my prices, so you'd
> still use the inferior product. It comes down to whether or not we
> want to sell shopping cards to winos and we dont...because they just
> steal them from the supermarkets anyway. We dont sell bare-bones
> products.

Right, but the inevitable consequence of your choice is that people
are working on Frame Relay support for NetBSD.   When that's in, the
SDL card will appear as featureful as your card to the average
customer.

As far as money goes, I'd be happy to pay your prices if your card is
better in some way that is advantageous to me.   If it's not, then
your advantage is in the software, and you're depending on the fact
that nobody has Frame Relay support yet.   That is not a situation
on whose persistance you can depend.

> Its much easier for use to support 1 or 2 O/Ss and convert people
> then it is to support more.

Of course it is.

			       _MelloN_