Subject: Re: T3/T1 cards - interest
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/26/1998 22:04:27
Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>  wrote:
 > > I think I've learned what I need to from this discussion. Maybe some
 > > day you'll understand that its beneficial for you to support 3rd
 > > party vendors, including object only, because it ads capability to
 > > your OS, rather than harping on the source issue.
 >
 > Plainly put: if we wanted to run software for which we had no source,
 > we would be running Windows NT or Solaris or something.   I'm sure
 > that your existing customer base is quite happy with your current

Right.  Back when I was interested in your "Bandwidth Management"
software, I heard from you that you only supported ethernet and
the i386 platform and wouldn't give me the source even though I
would have been happy to have made it work with my ATM card.
This wasn't interesting to you so your product wasn't interesting
to me.  I've since had lots of people ask me about bandwidth
management and I've told them your product wouldn't do what they
wanted.

As far as I'm concerned, I could have helped you add lots more
functionality to our OS and got more customers, but you weren't
interested.

"Oh well".