Subject: Re: T3/T1 cards - interest
To: Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/26/1998 20:34:23
> I think I've learned what I need to from this discussion. Maybe some
> day you'll understand that its beneficial for you to support 3rd
> party vendors, including object only, because it ads capability to
> your OS, rather than harping on the source issue.

Plainly put: if we wanted to run software for which we had no source,
we would be running Windows NT or Solaris or something.   I'm sure
that your existing customer base is quite happy with your current
policies.   I'm sorry to hear what appears to be you drawing the
conclusion that you can't support NetBSD, but I'm not surprised
either, and I won't try to tell you it's the wrong decision for you.
Just try to avoid telling us we're idiots for wanting open source.
We're not.

			       _MelloN_