Subject: Re: T3/T1 cards - interest
To: Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/26/1998 19:01:18
Dennis writes:

> Its also likely someone would port them to cheaper cards.
>
> Its chatter like this that drives vendors away from "Free" unices, you know.
> Its the driver that makes the card, not the other way around.
>
> Dennis

That's why you split it into different layers, and donate the lowest
level support, or at least the very basic stuff.  Reserving the advanced
driver support for those that purchase cards would work the same way it
does now.  My point would be that a donated driver is more likely to be
maintained along with -current.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.