Subject: Re: T3/T1 cards - interest
To: Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/25/1998 15:41:20
> Is netbsd to the point where *most" users are using the release, or are the
> majority still running -current .? We're considering
> re-porting to NetBSD...which we previously dropped because
> everyone wanted -current which we could not realistically support.

Hm.   The 1.3 release is almost a year old now.   We are expecting to
do a 1.3.3 release shortly, but if I were you, I'd target the 1.4
release - that should be out by mid-January, and if you have a driver
that works in 1.4, your driver will have a longer product life.   So
against your better judgement, I would suggest that you port to
-current.   If you don't want to support users running -current, wait
for 1.4 to ship, and support them on that.

			       _MelloN_