Subject: RE: NAT Trouble
To: 'Brad Salai' <bsalai@tmonline.com>
From: Calvin Vette (IT- Borders Online) <CVETTE@borders.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/22/1998 15:21:14
It was pretty straight forward. I called the cable company (Mediaone), let
them run the initial wiring install and modem check, asked them to leave the
Ethernet card and Win95 software and instructions in the box, then plugged
the modem into my Ethernet card. From there, I ran dhcpclient, and that was
it. Once it was working, I enabled dhcpclient into my /etc/rc.conf, and used
their CD as a coaster.