Subject: Re: cdrecord + ATAPI locking up
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Andy Loukes <aloukes@argogroup.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/22/1998 17:46:18
On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Phil Nelson wrote:

> >I have recently got cdrecord working with an ATAPI HP 7100 cd writer (yes
> >I know ATAPI sucks, but it wasn't up to me!).
>
> Since I now have an ATAPI cd recorder, I'd like to know how you got
> cdrecord to write to the ATAPI device.  Thanks.

Aha, it took me ages to work it out. It isn't documented very well (ie
read the source!) but all you need to do is compile it with the following
in the cdrecord/Makefile file:

CPPOPTS +=      -DFIFO -DUSE_PG -DTYPE_ATAPI

this being the new bit.

BTW you need the latest alpha of the cdrecord program :
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html

--
Andy Loukes

Internet Business Development                 http://www.argonet.co.uk
ArgoNet, a UK ISP                             tel:+44 (0)1243 815 815
7 Dukes Court, Chichester, PO19 2FX           fax:+44 (0)1243 815 805