Subject: Thinkpad 560 and apm
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@psc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/21/1998 12:47:44
--==_Exmh_-40219696P

Another Thinkpad problem.  One wonders how much effort IBM put into making
these machines just slightly incompatible...

I recently upgraded from a Thinkpad 701c to a 560 (my boss's leftovers).
Everything works reasonably except for apm.  It suspends, but when it
resumes the machine is hung (though the display is fine).  I cannot even
break into ddb.  The same symptoms occur whether I suspend it with "apm -z"
or by closing the cover.  I'm running -current (about 3 weeks old) with apm
enabled in the kernel.

Any ideas?  Does anyone else use a Thinkpad 560?

	-Kevin

--==_Exmh_-40219696P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBNi4QMH4qeMKIUCpVAQEE2QP/ZnE8HrdZl7+8mDwCUZVagzbGqcyy42dK
K4u8Vc18WuPuoY6MCL3iOBqxqOP8UjwaC4QSBerJwDZ15BZasgn3IXIsGh5yM99e
2M7JqPYRjoKg5VBs5TMvHSsZWrAa02JxKjcfgxjYF4enAuvlzEf9/YnW+47yaYOT
0WhkxEkSMeY=
=meIX
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-40219696P--