Subject: Re: new netscape (4.5) and ld-linux.so.2 (versus 4.5_PR2 and ld-linux.so.1)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bernd@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/21/1998 01:10:53
On 21.10.98, 00:38:25, Sean Doran wrote:
> tron@lyssa.owl.de (Matthias Scheler) writes:
>
> which is a nice step forward from the less helpful error
> message Perry first complained about.  Now, where does one
> get a libBrokenLocale.so.1?

I had the same problem with communicator 4.5/linux under 1.3.2 (even
with more recent linux-library-sets.)

So I tried the FreeBSD version (labelled "unsupported" by netscape),
and just works just fine. Even Java works now, which did not seem
quite ok with the Linux-version 4.0x. I did not test it a lot, though.

The disadvantage of the "unsupported" status may be that updates will
be available at a later point. Still the FreeBSD was released before
the IRIX version.

--
Bernd Sieker