Subject: Re: -currrent and Linux Office Suite 99
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/20/1998 15:01:56
On Tue, Oct 20, 1998 at 02:49:29PM +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
> Applix is very stable and reasonably priced, IMHO.  I've had problems
> with XFree getting very slow with Applix, but it's possible this is
> caused by the fvwm window manager (haven't had the time to test with
> other wm's yet).

Well, it's not the window manager.  Or if it is, then both fvwm and kwm
are just as bad.  Easy test: Open Applix Words, open the Character Format
window.  Keep clicking the left mouse button on the color selection button
for a while.  In the beginning, the colormap is drawn very quickly, but
after some 20-40 clicks, things become noticeably slow.  After a while,
it takes over a second to draw the colormap...  All other things in Applix
slow down in the same way.

  -jm