Subject: Re: Com port problem
To: James Snow <sno@flesh.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/20/1998 04:58:24
On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, James Snow wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Jukka Marin wrote:
>
> > Never used cu myself, but it might be that you have to add the local
> > flag for that tty line in /etc/ttys (and reboot or run the ttyflags
> > command).  cu might be waiting for carrier detect signal, which it
> > never sees..  I use ckermit myself.

try
	cu -l /dev/tty00 --nostop

then immediately hit ``~'', then type ``!stty -f /dev/tty00 clocal''

then you should be able to talk to the modem at tty00.

> What are the local flags that I should be setting for tty00 and tty01 in
> /etc/ttys?

AFAIK, the flags in /etc/ttys have no effect unless you include "on",
which also turns the getty on. To let cu talk to my modem with only

	cu -p modem

I have

fredb-> cat /etc/uucp/port
port modem
  type modem
  device /dev/tty02
  speed 115200

In this case, the "type modem" sets clocal implicitly.