Subject: Re: NetBSD & PCMCIA on DEC HiNote VP700 series?
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@raptor.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/19/1998 13:59:23
Rafal Boni <rafal@raptor.com> writes:
> 	I'm trying to get NetBSD installed over the network on my
> 	DEC HiNote VP765 laptop.  The latest snapshot floppies I
> 	got my hands on, however, do not seem to recognize the
> 	TI 1131 CardBus conroller (either in i82365 compat. mode
> 	or in native mode), and hence I get no network.

I recently hacked around an issue like this, for Ted Lemon.

Could you turn the #if 0's in pci.c around the verbose printing bits
to #if 1's, and make your message buffer huge with MSGBUFSIZE, or
whatever the option is, then send me the results?

The issue on Ted's machine was that the BIOS wasn't fully configuring
PCI devices, in particular, it wasn't mapping the PCI BAR of his
cardbus controller's register space, and that effectively left the
chip disabled.

You might also try booting windows then rebooting into NetBSD, to see
if that helps.

cgd