Subject: Re: Com port problem
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: James Snow <sno@flesh.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/19/1998 13:37:02
On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Jukka Marin wrote:

> Never used cu myself, but it might be that you have to add the local
> flag for that tty line in /etc/ttys (and reboot or run the ttyflags
> command).  cu might be waiting for carrier detect signal, which it
> never sees..  I use ckermit myself.

What are the local flags that I should be setting for tty00 and tty01 in
/etc/ttys?

There are currently no entries for these two devices, although all the
other ptys used for network connections are there. Curiously enough, if I
try opening any of those ttys with cu (not expecting it to work of course)
I get the same error:

gatekeeper# cu -l /dev/ttyp1
Connected.
cu: write: Input/output error

Disconnected.
gatekeeper#

This leads me to believe that this is the right path to be persuing, if I
can just find out what these local flags are....

James Snow