Subject: XF86 crashes
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/18/1998 17:09:01

  I have an application that manages to crash my XF86_SVGA.
  I ugpraded to the xserver.tgz in the 1.3.2 distribution to make sure I
had something I could report against (I had X331 before)

  I can reproduce this at will, and I have a core dumb, but the binary
doesn't have symbols. I get:

(gdb) core /GraphicVueDump.XF86
Core was generated by `XF86_SVGA'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Abort trap.
Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld.so...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgnumalloc.so.0.0...
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libz.so.0.0...(no debugging symbols found)...
done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libm.so.0.1...(no debugging symbols found)...
done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libi386.so.0.2...(no debugging symbols found)...
done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.12.29...(no debugging symbols found)...
done.
#0  0x402e53d7 in kill ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x402e53d7 in kill ()
#1  0x402e51b1 in abort ()
#2  0xc6e0a in ddxGiveUp ()
#3  0xc6ea3 in AbortDDX ()
#4  0x104545 in AbortServer ()
#5  0x105d3d in FatalError ()
#6  0xd3358 in xf86VTSwitch ()
#7  0xefbfdfca in yp_domain ()
#8  0x1d212a in miSetShape ()
#9  0x1d27d3 in RegionOperate ()
#10 0x1d2a51 in ProcShapeRectangles ()
#11 0x1d36a2 in ProcShapeDispatch ()
#12 0xe2e6b in Dispatch ()
#13 0xf0f05 in main ()

  This is unlikely to be enough to allow someone to debug it.
  Should I just PR the details, or is there something else that I can
do? I tried to run Xnest, but it complains about being unable to set the
font path. I don't see where I can configure it, or why it should have
a problem as all the directories on its default font path exist and are
populated...

   :!mcr!:            |  Network and security consulting/contract programming
   Michael Richardson |         Firewalls, TCP/IP and Unix administration
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
 Corporate: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/SSW/
	ON HUMILITY: To err is human, to moo bovine.