Subject: Re: Network question
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bernd@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/17/1998 18:44:24
On 17.10.98, 10:19:39, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > What do I do if the nat box's outgoing (dial-up to the Internet)
> > interface IP address is dynamic and so not known at the time I setup
> > the nat rules?
>
> Run 'natd' ?

Never heard of that...

> > I can not use pppd's ip-up and ip-down scripts, since isdn4bsd does
> > not use the pppd, but a proprietary isdnd.
>
> It will include similar scripts realy soon. Have you tried using the

That's good news. After early problems it now seems to run very stable
here, but only after I included the kernel debugger in the
kernel. Never had to use it, because I did not have a single crash
since then. Before the router crashed every couple of days.

> regex prog's in the config file? They should be able to do something
> similar (although they might run to early, when the ISDN link is up
> and ipcp is not yet negotiated).

I did never try that, might give it a shot, though. IP-NAT as such
works fine without knowing the actual IP of the isppp0 interface, but
not the ftp-proxy. Only program I need it for is some Mac-Clients that
don't know about passive mode or can be told explicitly to use a
proxy.

--
Bernd Sieker