Subject: Re: A couple of questions about the new serial console
To: None <fb@enteract.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/17/1998 10:03:21
> could swap drives with impunity. If I have to customize the kernel for
> each machine, wouldn't it be simpler to hard wire a serial console in
> the kernel options? Or does that have similar problems?

The lock doesn't go away when you hard wire the serial console. It's a
generic serial console problem. I did the comments to get the system up
and running (it doesn't have a "real" console) and to find time to attack
the real bug. It's a workaround, not a solution.

> No doubt that stands for "unterbrechen," which means, uh, "break."

Yes, ok, if you know it's BREAK they are talking about you'll find out
what the abreviation means ;-) The translation is correct, but everyone
I know uses the english names for technical terms like this.

Martin