Subject: Re: Network question
To: None <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/1998 19:32:34
On Oct 17,  3:27am, Bernd Sieker wrote:
>On 16.10.98, 09:23:51, Don Ray wrote:
>> map ne1 0.0.0.0/0 -> 172.16.126.1/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
>>
>> where ne1 is the outgoing (connected to the larger internal network)
>> interface, 0.0.0.0/0 is anything coming in on in interface(s) (in my case
>> they come in on ne0), and 172.16.126.1 is the nat box (ne1) IP address (in
>
>What do I do if the nat box's outgoing (dial-up to the Internet)
>interface IP address is dynamic and so not known at the time I setup
>the nat rules?

Mine is somewhat different:

map fxp0 192.168.0.0/24 -> 0.0.0.0/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp

It maps the internal network to go out on fxp0, which is connected
to the cable modem.  Active ftp works (NewsWatcher on the Mac doesn't
do passive ftp)...  You'd want to substitute your external interface
and internal network number.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkk!!!!!!!!!
You brute!  Knock before entering a ladies room!