Subject: SVR4 emulation using Solaris 2.6?
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-port-i386@moderators.muc.de>
From: Ryan Woodsmall <c716128@showme.missouri.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/1998 02:31:06
Hello all,

I just installed NetBSD 1.3.2 on a machine and was trying to get the
emulation going.  Linux was a snap - simply copy and uncompress some files
from a CD and it was working in no time.  However, I'm having trouble with
SVR4 emulation - I'm using a Solaris 2.6 CD, with the entire distribution
installed.  Every time I run a program, I get:

    Bus error (core dumped).

and that's it.  No matter what the program is, it's always the same thing.
Has anyone managed to get SVR4 emulation up and running with Solaris 2.6?
Thanks in advance, and if you need anything else (like configuration, etc.),
please feel free to email me.

    Ryan Woodsmall
    c716128@showme.missouri.edu