Subject: Re: A couple of questions about the new serial console
To: None <fb@enteract.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/1998 07:32:25
> Ahh... Maybe I'll try experimenting some more with the kernel config.

I commented out most printf's at pseudo-device attach time (in my custom
kernel there were more than 10 lines generated), and now it boots reliably.

> > (b) how do you "hit break" on a vt420? Mine has (german) LK401-AG keyboard
> > and I got it without manual...
>
> Break is "F5" with the default settings. You can toggle the F5 key
> between "break" and "F-5" in the keyboard setup menu. (F3 breaks
> into/out of setup.)

Cool. The descriptions of the keys are translated into german shortcuts,
so it's not always clear what they are talking about. I set F5 to
"Unterbr: ein" and now it sends BREAK.

Martin