Subject: onboard Adaptec 7890?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/15/1998 15:32:57
I've got a motherboard (ASUS P2B-S) with an onboard Adaptec 7890.
Unfortunately, it's not successfully attached at boot time.  I've
tried the kernel from boot.fs in the July snapshot, and it finds the
device on the scsi bus (vendor 0x9005, product 0x001f), but doesn't
configure it.

Isn't the 7890 supported under "ahc* at pci?"?  Shouldn't this be
attached?  Or does the INSTALL kernel not have support for those
compiled into it?  That would seem pretty odd to me.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu