Subject: Re: A couple of questions about the new serial console
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Dinsen <dinsen@danbbs.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/15/1998 21:47:12
On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 07:10:31 +0200 (MEST), Martin Husemann wrote:
>> 	root on sd0a dumps on sd0b
>> 	root file system type: ffs
>>=20
>> it just sits there. After hitting break to get into the DDB, then "c",
>> it goes right on into multi-user. Any ideas?
I have seen something similar - my setup is with a PC as the console
on the serial line. Sometimes, the NetBSD box come up in single user
mode apparantly for no reason. The kernel is without DDB for space and
other reasons. I just hit Ctrl-D in a console window and it continues.

>(a) That is a race condition between kernel output and userland console

aha.
>(b) how do you "hit break" on a vt420? Mine has (german) LK401-AG =
keyboard
>and I got it without manual...

=461 (not F6) works on a Danish keyboard.

Robert V. Baron wrote:
>Since I did the change, I can explain.  CONSDEV_COM0 means use com0; If

Seems we could use some documentation. Are you discussing -current or
1.3.2? The console(8) and boot(8) man pages seems to be not quite up
to date in 1.3.2.

Andes