Subject: Re: Linux emulation broken in 1.3.2 ???
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bernd@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/15/1998 14:58:42
On 15.10.98, 13:19:35, Thomas Pfaff wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> who has got Linux Netscape Navigator/Communicator running on NetBSD
> 1.3.2. I tried several versions from Navigator 3.01, 3.04 to
> Communicator 4.02, all died with a SIGBUS signal.

I am running netscape standalone navigator 4.07 fine and surprisingly
stable. I also had 4.04 and 4.05. No problems.

I also use BMRT 'rendrib' and the 3D modeller "mops" literally every
day.

> The Linux libs are installed from the package, Linux DOOM is definitely
> running.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome (i know that i can use the BSDI port ).

Install the libs from a more recent package. It is often a good idea
to get the current pkgsrc from netbsd.org. It should work with 1.3.2.

--
Bernd Sieker