Subject: Toshiba Tecra 750CDT and a PCMCIA 3C589D - Success!
To: None <scottb@orionsoft.com>
From: Daniel Brown <dbrown@ccdc.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/14/1998 12:06:07
Scott,

Thanks for this (and sorry for the delay in replying).

Basically, with the options as given below, the 3C589D works!

But the Dayna Communicard E stops working (ne2000_mem: where'd the card go?!)
at the same time. Returning to a generic (less wss0) kernel restores the
Communicard to action, but results in a hang when the 3Com card is reinserted.

I've since been making extensive use of the package system, and have a
thoroughly groovy portable demo machine as a result. (Especially so, after
discovering the Linux compatibility package.)

Thanks to everyone who helped get this show on the road!

Dan.

P.S. All of this should really have been in the i386 compatibility listing for
NetBSD-1.3.2...