Subject: A couple of questions about the new serial console
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/1998 11:12:47
I'm trying to set up a 486 to use a real vt420 as a serial console.
I've compiled and installed the boot-blocks, and it pretty much works,
except it started doing something strange. After

	root on sd0a dumps on sd0b
	root file system type: ffs

it just sits there. After hitting break to get into the DDB, then "c",
it goes right on into multi-user. Any ideas?

Another thing. What's the difference between CONSDEV_COM0KBD and
CONSDEV_COM0? The boot_console man page talks about CONSDEV_COM0, the
Makefile in stand/biosboot suggests CONSDEV_COM0KBD. They both seem to
do something. Could anyone explain the difference?