Subject: Installing through serial console
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Erno Palonheimo <esp@stip.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/1998 04:58:24
Hello,

Is installing through serial console possible? I'd be very interested
about doing this as I have Unisys U6000/15 which has only serial console,
but is otherwise quite standard EISA 486 machine. The machine has a lot of
SCSI disk and a 1.2G tapedrive, it would be quite optimal machine for
NetBSD as all the hardware found in it seems to be supported. I'd need a
bootloader and a kernel which does not even try to use the PC monitor and
keyboard. The console serial port address, interrupt and such are like
/dev/tty00 is on a standard PC system, the machine uses 9600bps, 8N1 to
display the BIOS messages on boot-up.

 Erno Palonheimo       | esp@stip.net
 Naulaajankatu 11 A 1  |
 26100 Rauma	       | GSM + 358 400 615281
 Finland, Europe       | Tel + 358 2 8224960