Subject: Re: .rhosts (please help)
To: Redouane Najah Semlali <rns@azure.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/12/1998 11:52:43
Redouane Najah Semlali writes:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Thank you very much for your quick answer.
> Before sending my last e-mail, I've already done what you advise me to
> do  (using .rhosts file ) and it dosen't work. I used to work with
> .rhosts file in other UNIX system.
>
> Do you still have some tips to tell me ?

man rhosts
     Logins as root only check root's .rhosts file; the /etc/hosts.equiv file
     is not checked for security.  Access permitted through root's .rhosts
     file is typically only for rsh(1),  as root must still login on the con-
     sole for an interactive login such as rlogin(1).

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.