Subject: installation problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rik van Mierlo <rik@ricardis.tudelft.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/11/1998 21:09:04
hi,

I'm trying to install NetBSD on my PC, so I divided my first harddisk into
4 partitions:

350Mb FAT (drive C)
400Mb no partition type, meant for NetBSD
 60Mb no partition type, meant for NetBSD swap
200Mb FAT (drive D) Windows NT swap.

When I boot from the NetBSD install floppy I choose install, it gives me
the warning that I should backup my data, and asks whether I want to
continue.
So I select yes, after which it stopped  with the remark that wd1 and
wd0 don't have a disklabel.

reboot -> utilities -> /bin/sh

"fdisk -i /dev/rwd0d" or something like that and the remark about wd0 not
having a disklabel disappeared. So I rebooted again and did the same for
wd1 after which there were no more remarks from the install program, it
just stopped.

What is the install program looking for at that moment? Should I try to
edit the disklabels by hand?

-Rik van Mierlo
-rik@ricardis.tudelft.nl