Subject: Re: New snapshot: 19980930
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/08/1998 11:47:24
I wrote:

> Offhand I can't think of other serious things I've done to the
> sources.

My memory failed, of course, although it could be debated whether
the additional changes are "serious".

I had to leave out "strings" from the ramdisk image.  The reason
is that "strings" is now built from the binutils sources, and
that carries all sorts of extra baggage that there isn't room for
on the floppy images (-lbfd for one).  As far as I can see,
sysinst does not need or use this program, so leaving it out
should not cause any major problems, I hope.

The other minor thing I did was to include the swapctl program in
the ramdisk image, so that an install could be completed on a 4M
machine using the "tiny" floppy image.  To do this one has to
suspend sysinst right before unpacking starts, and manually turn
on swapping on the newly partitioned hard drive's swap partition
before resuming the installation.

Regards,

- H=E5vard